Mar 15, 2012

Happy Blogiversary!


Yes, I find it hard to believe but I’ve actually been writing down my rantings in this small, seldom trafficked corner of the World Wide Web now for some time. Life has changed quite a bit during the course of that period...

When I started the weblog, I was inspired by my friend Margaret. Margaret stopped blogging for the most part a long time ago which is really a shame because while she was always quiet she has a lot of things to say.

I had a fiancé and while my fiancé is married, it’s not to me. I had thought by now I would be married and have a few kids but things didn’t work out that way.

The day I started this blog, i had just moved my friend Roberta - now Roberta is in North Carolina having endured a similar experience to my own in the caring of an elderly parent. A task that has to be one of the most draining and demanding experiences any adult can endure. I know I finally saw my own responsibilities end several years ago.

All in all life is full of change and many things have changed over the last nine years–some good, some bad. Life is never perfect and although I find myself discouraged by how much struggle is involved just getting through the day I realize in many ways I am blessed because even the bad things are never as bad as they could be. I would’ve liked to be further along in so many ways, to feel as if I had accomplished more but I think there are a lot of us who walk around with those feelings, wondering about paths we’ve taking, turns we’ve made that have bought us to the place we are at.

Again, while there are a whole genre of fiction on the subject, the upshot is we wouldn’t be the people we are if we had gone down a different path and who is to say it would have been a better route to take.

So on the dawning of another year, a day that feels more like a rebirth than New Year’s ever does (because it is unique and mine alone) I wish anyone reading a wonderful new day because the days ahead of us are filled with two things: promise and hope and only by embracing those twin concepts will we arrive at the pace we want to be.

1 comment:

memecrafter said...

Mazel Tov, Buddy....